We are seeking one fulltime Group Airlines Compliance support Manager for our compliance team. Duty base will be Thomas Cook Airlines A/S office in Copenhagen Airport South.
Your key responsibilities in this role, will be to provide specialist input, advice and guidance and to carry out and lead a range of complex management tasks within operations. You will co-ordinate activities and lead a compliance team in Denmark, Spain, Germany and UK.
You play a key role in the company and work closely together with your team, management colleagues and external partners, including the aviation authorities. It is essential that your personal mind-set supports the Thomas Cook safety Just Culture. You report directly to the Group Airlines Head of Compliance.
Your primary responsibilities will be:
- Lead and coordinate the provision of compliance services and activities to the Group Airline areas to support the effective functioning of the business.
- Build and maintain relationships across Group Airlines to facilitate the provision of effective compliance services and to contribute to the identification of new service needs.
- Model, develop, implement, audit and maintain processes, procedures and controls within compliance management to improve business effectiveness and to ensure compliance with defined policies and regulations.
- Identify opportunities and agree, lead and deliver change and business improvement activities in compliance.
- Plan, control and deliver assigned projects, and participate fully in cross-functional projects, ensuring requirements are delivered to plan.
- Stay updated in area of expertise in order to insure that Group Airlines is aware of and able to take account or advantage of new developments, seeking and sharing good practice and knowledge to support the continuous improvement of compliance management.
- Develop, mentor, coach and motivate assigned staff to ensure they are aware of and capable of delivering their accountabilities.
- Prepare business cases or appraisals to support management decisions and support business planning activities in assigned areas.
- Good knowledge of relevant regulatory environment(s) and of relevant regulations
- Deep understanding of quality assurance requirements, techniques and processes
- Relevant academic qualifications, and/or equivalent experience as appropriate
- Able to plan and organise resources and service activities effectively
- Proven ability to lead, motivate, mentor and develop staff
- Organisational/co-ordination experience
- Responsive to a diverse range of people and cultures, including business cultures
- Proven skills and expertise in carrying out a range of modelling and analyses activities in complex situations
Among the many other qualities and competencies you have, we expect you to:
- Have the ability to work independently, self-driven and proactive – yet, to be a team player with strong interpersonal skills
- Have strong communication and presentation skills
- Be fluent in English, verbally and in writing.
- Be organized and structured in your way of working, especially in regards to deadlines
- Have a pragmatic mind-set paired with sound judgment skills
- Able to communicate, both written and verbally, in a style appropriate to the audience
A team with dedicated and dynamic colleagues. We stand firm on our values and consider trust and relations a foundation of good business and of our culture. We will expect you to challenge status quo and, thus, take your part in developing our team and company.
You will hold an exciting and challenging position with wide limits of responsibility and the option to shape your own job. Salary and employment terms will be negotiated depending on qualifications. Travel activities must be expected on a regular basis, which in turn offer you the opportunity to “see the world”.
How to apply?
Application deadline is 17.06.2018 and interviews may be conducted on an ongoing basis, so you are encouraged to apply as soon as possible using the link below. Motivated applications and corresponding CV should be in English.
More information can be obtained by Deputy Director Group Airlines Safety & Quality, Henning Romme-Mølby, phone +45 32477610.
Thomas Cook Airlines Scandinavia is Scandinavia’s largest charter carrier with more than 2 million annual guests. Our headquarter is located within Copenhagen Airport in Denmark. Our modern and eco-friendly Airbus-fleet operates from Denmark, Norway, Sweden and Finland to destinations within Europe, as well as Africa, the Far East and the Caribbean. In corporation with Thomas Cook Group’s other airlines in the UK, Germany and Spain, we are part of the Thomas Cook Group plc with more than 28.000 employees worldwide and 96 aircraft. Almost 19 million people are annually travelling with Europe’s second largest travel company.Expire: 17.06.2018