Lars Thuesen buys into airBaltic

Danish investor buys stake held by German investor
Danish investor Lars Thuesen has informed Latvia’s national airline airBaltic that formalities have been completed for him to buy a 20% stake in the carrier.
The shareholding had previously been held by German investor Ralf-Dieter Montag-Girmes, a German national who bought the 20% stake towards the end of 2015 for €52 million.
As a result, Thuesen has become 100% owner of Aircraft Leasing 1 SIA, the investment vehicle that holds the 20% shareholding. The remaining 80% belongs to the Latvian state. The value of the deal was not disclosed.
Theusen is a banking and travel industry investor with a broad portfolio including companies in Denmark and the UK. He has in the past been involved with SAS – itself formerly an airBaltic shareholder – and British charter carrier Airtours, is currently on the board of Danish charter airline Jet Time and is director of Basisbank.
LSM / Baltic Course

x

Check Also

Northern Europe tour operators merge

Via Hansa and Borealis become Via Hansa & Borealis.

Israel wins using “marketing revolution”

How did Israel achieve a 25% increase in visitors in 2017?

(LV) Airport Ticket Office Agent

AirBaltic is one of the most desirable employers in Latvia. For several years we have ...

(SE) We are looking for a Structural Engineer

SAS Technical Operations SAS Technical Operations is composed of Maintenance Production (Part 145), providing line ...

SAS pilots get a single union

New single union stands up to SAS.

“Hot happenings” in Aarhus in 2018

From the Sailing World Championship to pools by the harbour