Available position as Assistant Chief Theoretical Knowledge Instructor at Pilot Flight Academy
Pilot Flight Academy (PFA) is Scandinavia’s largest flight academy with nearly 300 students and 80 employees.
The academy is located at Sandefjord Airport Torp and offers international pilot training in top modern facilities, aircraft and simulators. Our Diamond 40/42 NG aircrafts are new and highly modern with advanced instrumentation. We have state-of-the-art flight simulators, one of which is a Boeing 737NG simulator. In October 17th 2018, we also opened a branch at Notodden.
The academy is growing due to a worldwide demand for pilots, and we are currently looking for an additional Assistant Chief Theoretical Knowledge Instructor (A-CTKI).
You must enjoy working in a team but also be self-driven, responsible and able to follow routines and procedures. You need to be highly motivated and enjoy helping students achieve their dreams of flight. We are preferably looking for someone who has a background in aviation, but others are also welcome to apply.
- Follow the students` progress and attend student progress meetings
- Invigilate progress test for students
- Register results in various formats
- Plan for extra lessons and book these in Flightlogger
- Help plan and facilitate the academy`s theoretical part of the education
- Assist and guide theory instructors in their daily tasks
- Enrol new students and send out digital books
- Follow up on the student´s iPads and follow up with Padpilot
- For those qualified; Create new tests and renew already existing ones
- Other administrative tasks
- Have experience as a theoretical knowledge instructor in the training towards a commercial pilot license, or hold a degree in pedagogy and have experience as a teacher
- Be efficient and structured in your work
- Hold or have held a commercial license with ATPL theory.
- Background from Theoretical knowledge Instruction in ATPL subject would be beneficial
- Have the ability to work both independently and in a team
- Speak and write fluent English
- Have legal right to live and work in Norway
- Have a clean criminal record
- Positive attitude
- Good communication skills and team oriented
- Coaching skills
- Self-driven and structured in your work
- Able to handle stressful periods
- Able to follow routine and procedures
- 100% permanent position
- 25 days paid annual leave
- Pension and insurance schemes
- An exciting career in a fast-growing company
Upon employment, the selected candidates have to apply for The Civil Aviation Authority of Norway’s background check, and be approved to hold a mandatory access card that gives access to the security clearance area at the airport. Further information can be found here: https://luftfartstilsynet.no/en/
Expected Start Date:
As soon as possible
Mobile: +47 90102536
Mobile: +47 47830765
Hangarveien 13 3241 SANDEFJORD