Holidaymaker contracted cholera while in Tunisia
A holidaymaker who claims he contracted cholera while on holiday in Tunisia is to launch legal action against Thomas Cook.
Tim Warner was staying at the Sol Azur Hotel with his partner. While there he said he suffered from diarrhoea. Initially he thought it was food poisoning but on returning to the UK was he diagnosed with the bacterial infection.
The holiday was booked with Thomas Cook and the couple contacted them on their return but were unhappy with the response. They subsequently spoke to their solicitors and have launched civil action.
“This was meant to be a relaxing and romantic getaway, but instead the holiday was ruined when Tim was left severely ill with a potentially life-threatening illness, Mark Montaldo, a specialist travel lawyer, said. “The accommodation for the guests was clearly not of an acceptable standard, which ultimately resulted in Tim becoming very ill.”
A spokeswoman for Thomas Cook said: “The health and safety of our customers is always our primary concern, so we were naturally very concerned to hear that Mr Warner became unwell while he was on holiday with us. As we are in the process of liaising directly with Mr Warner’s legal representative in relation to this, we are unable to provide any further comment at this time so as not to unduly influence any possible future legal proceedings.”
TTG Digital / Mail Online
Pictured: Microscopic image of Vibrio cholerae bacteria, which infect the digestive system]